At South Bay Pain Doctors, we are committed to getting you out of pain so that you can live life to your full potential. Our Massage Therapists offer customized treatments for every condition - from swedish massage to trigger point massage. All of our treatments are based on the individual and their specific needs. Through our unique and integrated approach our patients trust us to get them back to feeling and functioning their best as quickly and safely as possible.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy is the application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body, generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue while improving circulation. Recent research from around the world has found that therapeutic massage has measurable and profound effects on the physical, mental and emotional states of the body.
How can we help?
There are more than 250 variations of massage, bodywork, and somatic therapies and many practitioners utilize multiple techniques. The techniques we practice at South Bay Pain Doctors include:
- Swedish Massage – Swedish is a system of massage that uses old techniques used by ancient Greeks and Romans to enhance many physical benefits. Using long smooth strokes, kneading techniques on tense areas and friction strokes that help remove toxins from the body, Swedish Massage is relaxing both emotionally and physically.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Deep Tissue is a system of massage that is designed to pinpoint the connective tissue of the body, rather than just the surface muscles. Deep Tissue is a more intense form of massage that uses a variety of techniques to deeply penetrate the muscles and fascia, loosening them and releasing tension. It is used to help correct long term problems, relax the body and prevent injury.
- Trigger Point Massage – Trigger Point Massage is a system of massage that focuses on the Trigger Points in muscles that are found that often will radiate pain to other areas of the body. By working on and massaging these trigger points; it will help to relieve this pain.
- Shiatsu Massage – Shiatsu is a system of massage that incorporates application of pressure and stretching techniques that relieves muscle tension, eases joint stiffness and realigns the structure of the body. Shiatsu (also called Finger Massage), is a Japanese form of physiotherapy, dating back thousands of years.
How can it help me?
Therapeutic massage is a physical process that has been shown to dramatically increase the circulation of blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout the body and aid in the clearing of waste products from the bodys tissues. It facilitates the healing of injuries, such as muscle strains and joint sprains, and helps reduce inflammation.
Massage Therapy has also been shown to increase the production of endorphins, amino acids that work as the bodys own natural pain killers. Therapeutic massage promotes an overall state of well-being.
Conditions treated with Massage Therapy
The benefits of massage are extensive and varied. Massage therapy has proven beneficial for many chronic conditions, including:
- Sleep apnea and insomnia
- Reduce stiffness and muscle tension
- Release chemicals such as serotonin and endorphins
- Block pain signals
Prenatal/Pregnancy Massage Therapy
Prenatal massage therapy is gentle therapeutic bodywork that focuses on the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic (and often uncomfortable) changes during pregnancy. The noninvasive approach of prenatal massage can ease many of the discomforts associated with pregnancy. It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves blood circulation and body tone, and relieves mental and physical fatigue.
What are the benefits of Prenatal Massage?
Prenatal massage provides a wide range of physiological, emotional and psychological benefits. The massage alleviates many of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy, including:
- Stress on weight-bearing joints
- Muscular discomfort
- Lower and upper back pain
- Stiffness and Fatigue
- Constipation and Acid-Reflux
- Tension and Knots
- Neck Pain
- Hip Joint Pain
Prenatal Massage has also been found to improve blood circulation, help with posture during pregnancy, increase muscle tone and flexibility, stabilize hormonal levels and relaxes the nervous system.
Who we are
We are an integrated practice located in the beautiful city of Torrance, California. Minutes away from Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach, we have an Orthopedist, Neurologist, Chiropractor, Pain Management, Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer and certified Pilates instructors all on staff, available for your convenience. No more jumping around from doctor to doctor, our team of specialists work together for superior and customized treatments.
In our modern office, patient comfort and satisfaction are our priority. Our facility is equipped with state of the art equipment. We provide a matrix unit, traction and decompression table for the latest cutting edge treatments. We also offer top of the line exercise machines for optimal rehabilitation.